Friday, July 18, 2008

Book Club Day

Mary U. hosted the meeting at the Leeds Library, where we discussed The Tortilla Curtain by T.C. Boyle. We had 8 of 12 members in attendance, which is just about par for most of the meetings. I took the book I had ordered for her to Mable, and she let me keep it to read; it's A Distant Trumpet, one of Mable's best-loved books, and I'll take it back to her next meeting.

It was a nice day, but I wish it would rain some more.


This pretty quilt belongs to Jack, and I haven't had a chance to ask him where he got it. Pat and I think we recognize some of the fabrics, a lot of which are outing or cotton flannel, as in some of our old bathrobes. The quilting, and the bright green stripping, look like Mama, and the lining (natural muslin) and the narrow red binding look like me. But if Mama or one of us made it, I don't remember it.

This may be my next dog--will be, if the mechanics can be arranged. She's free, on the FCDF website, but the ad didn't say where she's located. Yesterday I sent an email to the address given, but haven't heard from them yet. She's a young dog, has been fixed and had all her shots and preventatives, and is crate and house trained--so said the ad.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

She's so pretty (the doggie). That quilt looks very Mama, except the narrow binding.