Friday, March 20, 2009

Wish I Could Go, Too!

My friend Kat's grandson Liam, waking up from a nap. His parents and aunt and uncle (2 of Kat's daughters & their husbands), plus KitKat herself, are all on their way to Alaska to visit Kat's third daughter and Danica, the little girl grandbaby.
*

I have started my spring cleaning. I have, I have! It's just sort of a slow start.
*
I signed up for Maranda's fabric giveaway, but I was probably too late. She has lovely fabrics.
*
I've decided on the pattern for my pink-and-black quilt, when I get around to it. There are other much prettier patterns, but I think the Martha Washington quilt is the best I can find for the contrast of colors so they don't run into each other. The block is an Ohio star, with a pinwheel in the center.
*
The name "Liam" reminds me, they announced yesterday on TV that Liam Neeson's wife, actress Natasha Richardson, died from her brain injury. The only movie I saw her in was "Nell," with Neeson and Jody Foster, but I thought she was a good actress and very beautiful. I'm sorry she's gone.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

That child is precious.

Ramey Channell said...

Cute, cute picture. I think the leprechauns must have tickled him.

Mom2fur said...

Isn't he the cutest little elf? I love that smile! "Liam," as I understand it, is a version of the name "William." I like Liam Neeson and am so sorry for his loss. Natasha Richardson was beautiful, talented and seemed like a very nice person.
Wow, Alaska--that's a trip from anyplace! Bon voyage to them. Maybe you'll head that way someday, too!