Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Whole Poem

Leaving Shambhala

 

Sisters and brothers, I have known the glory

            in this world of time

            nor am I yet quite out of it

            though something draws me on.

 

I fear that I will miss the mountains

            the beautiful rocks

            the oceans deep and blue

            the singing trees

            the mockingbird

            the rain.

 

More light beckons, but can it ever shine

            like sun on snow

            a meadowlark’s gold breast

            or the flowers in my children’s eyes?

By JRC 1/22/14

3 comments:

Deb said...

It never fails that when I read your poems, I feel I am there, experiencing what you are telling. You are a wonderful poet and never think you are not. Let me know how the book is coming along.
Hugs...

Joanne Cage said...

Debbie, you are the sweetest one!

Ramey Channell said...

This is beautiful. Speaks for me and gives me shivers.