Saturday, October 11, 2014

Book Club, etc.

We had a mighty good meeting at Ramey's on Thursday, discussing the book The Bartender's Tale by Ivan Doig. That is, we discussed it after the scrumptious meal in Ramey's beautiful dining room. During the luncheon, I told secrets, such as that I wrote love poems in high school, when I was in love at three or four different boys at once. Sometimes I wish someone would just tell me to shut up.

I think Ramey and I are going to see the stage play, And Then There Were None, at the Arts Center. Tomorrow afternoon.

Dreaming about my departed loved ones keeps me from grieving about them too much. One time I dreamed that I had dyed my hair brown, and I asked Mama what she thought of it. Her reply was typical: "It looks better than it did."

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

Did you go to the play?

I'm glad Bartender's Tale was good - I'm going to have to get that. I'm enjoying Rebel Yell.

Love you - Jed