Friday, July 1, 2016

New Crock Pot





My new slow cooker arrived yesterday. What it was: I had put chicken and veggies in the old one and left it for ten hours. I accidentally had set it on high instead of low. During the ten hours I took a nap and fooled around, and all the liquids in the pot boiled away and all the solids stuck to the pot and got very brown. After scraping them out and scrubbing the pot, I found a hairline crack down one side and across the bottom.


Of course, I resorted to Google to tell me what to do next, and the consensus was to plant a flower or something in the pot, and buy a new one. Although you could buy any other part separately, you couldn't buy just the ceramic insert, and the possibilities of using the cracked one ranged all the way from a kitchen explosion, to using it for a few days until the new one arrived. So I ordered a new one, identical to the old. It cost less than $30, with free shipping, so now I can slow-cook again. Carefully.




All my dish towels are so old, most of the embroidery is gone, leaving the holes and shreds where it used to be. So I also ordered a new set of dish towels. When they arrive, I'll be set for another 10 or 15 years of problematic cooking and drying dishes, for less than $40.


***
An Interesting Dream




One night I dreamed there was a black velvet box on the night stand, and in it was a beautiful black spider with a pearl on its back. I thought it was a piece of black enameled jewelry, and I reached out to touch it, but then it spread out its legs and crawled out of the box.



1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Ooooo! I love the new pot. But the spider pin is creepy.