Saturday, December 31, 2016

The better to see you with.



On the last day of 2016, I've decided to pick up my blog again. The Christmas and birthday holidays have been wonderful, with Jed, the sisters and nieces and nephews. Susan invited us to her house for Christmas Eve soup supper, and Jed treated us to birthday luncheon at Carrabba's. Dave and his daughter have been very good, checking on me and helping me out since I've been without a car.


A week or so ago, I had an eye exam and got a prescription for new glasses. They dilated my eyes. Up until then, I was seeing okay, but over the past few days my vision has got so blurry, it's very hard to read. And I have a stack of good books that "won't read themselves," as they say. I went to Walmart--they have a better selection of frames, and better prices on glasses than I expected. My glasses should be ready sometime this week. The doctor at UAB Eye Hospital said I've got cataracts and should have the surgery sometime in the future, so I've got that to look forward to.


I hope all my friends and loved ones have a very Happy New Year.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

I hope your New Year is wonderful! See you soon.

Deb said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday and Christmas. It was just Laura and I on Christmas and then on Thursday, Ashleigh, John and the two little ones came over for dinner and presents.
Don't worry too much about cataracts. It is such a quick surgery now. I had to have it 5 years ago, first the left, then a month later, the right. It isn't painful. The surgery itself takes about 20 minutes.
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs and kisses