Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Too Pooped to Pop, or Too Hot to Hoot

Today, Jed and I went to Birmingham to get my car tag, then found that the right place was in Bessemer, so there we went. Afterwards we ate lunch at the Irondale Café. But it was a lot more complicated than it sounds, and we are both worn to a frazzle. And Jed even has to drive back to Atlanta today.


"But fill me with the old familiar juice,
Methinks I might recover by and by. . ."




Last night the poetry group met at the Leeds Arts Council. Jed went with me, and I read my new poem, "This Rough Magic." It was a good meeting.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Don’t understand why you had to go to Bessemer. Jesse got his new car tag at 280 office.

JD Atlanta said...

I really loved hearing your poems live! Sorry I made the trip even less fun.

Susan, no one understands why we had to go to Bessemer. Alabama wants to confirm that the VIN matches the title, so the state insists on an inspection. But why Bessemer? WHY????

Deb said...

Well, you could look at it like you had an unexpected adventure! And a good meal!