Monday, November 13, 2017

Absent Mindedness or Alzheimer's?

I won a prize in the ASPS fall contest. They sent me a check, but I don't know what I did with it. I'm not very good with checks; I lay them down, and they get mixed up with other papers. I haven't cashed an ASPS prize check in several years--after I can't find them for a month or so, I just write to the Treasurer and tell them the uncashed checks are a donation to the organization. (This is not bragging about a "good deed;" it's just an admission of carelessness, or something.)


In the Best Families is the final one of three of Rex Stout's novels about Nero Wolfe's efforts to deal with or avoid the dread genius-criminal Z. The first two were And Be a Villain and The Second Confession. My kids and I have read the Nero Wolfe books over and over. This is one of the best. Others of the best are Fer de Lance, Some Buried Caesar, and The Black Mountain. Anyway, I finished re-reading this one a couple of days ago.

Rhiannon cleaned up the house this morning and put the trash cart by the street. I try to deal with any real messes, and put things away, on days when she comes. I hate to be thought a total slob.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

I think it's good to periodically have a reason to clean up. I try to keep things clean as I go along, but as a result out of the way dust can accumulate.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

For some reason (and I think it’s this horrible carpet combined with three furbies) I never feel like my house is clean anymore. If I had my old self back, I’d pull it up myself.