Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The Book of Strange New Things, by Michel Faber****



This is a very good book, which edges over into science fiction. Still, it feels very real. I don't want to say much more about it, in case some members of the book club--or any others--haven't read it yet. It's a very big book, exactly 500 big pages, but worth reading every word.

I haven't done anything very interesting lately. I dreamed someone left two half-grown kittens at my house. One was a thin and dirty tabby cat, not very healthy looking. The other looked okay, except it was a skinny tabby cat, too. Matter of fact, since I've been petless, Mo is the only good-looking cat I remember dreaming of.

Sometimes I miss Mo so much, I talk to him, even though he's not here.



2 comments:

Deb said...

Even though we have Krispie and Meow, I still miss Keeko. He was such a big part of our lives, got us through bad times by just loving us. I have told him I miss him, I love him and good night for the past 3 years.

JD Atlanta said...

I'll have to read this one.

I think about getting a pretty sometimes, but I don't think I'm up to it.