Thursday, September 6, 2018

More of the Same, With a Little Twist

Spent two nights in the urgent care clinic. By the time I got there, the breathing problem had cleared  up, but Dr. Gruman wanted them to run all my breathing, heart, etc. tests over again, which they did.  They also signed me up for rehab and home health care and I don't know what all. Then they put me back on all the former meds, including an inhaler which consists of a little plastic case of powder to be inhaled, which didn't help before, but maybe it will this time. I know it sounds ungrateful, but that's probably because in a way I am. I'm sort of glad I went, though. This time I was a perfect patient. I didn't say one cross, sarcastic or profane word to anybody. Man, I was sweet!

3 comments:

Deb said...

I hope the meds help you. Breathing problems really do scare me, more than any other ailment!
What type of rehab did you get signed up for?

Joanne Cage said...

Hey, Deb. The home health nurse came out this a.m. and went over my rehab and care. I'm to keep a "log" of my vital signs every day, and will have personal assistance (bathing, etc.) three times a week and in-home rehab twice a week. The nurse said that I had a heart attack this time, although they didn't tell me that in the hospital. I guess it was pretty mild.

I hope you're doing well. Thanks for checking on me.

Deb said...

You had a heart attack and they didn't tell you?? Well, at least you have home health coming in, which is a good thing.
Please take it easy.
Hugs and love đź’–