Friday, December 28, 2018

Where the Sidewalk Ends: Poems and drawings by Shel Silverstein*****


Jed gave me this book for my birthday (yesterday), and I read it last night and this morning. We had a wonderful Christmas and birthday celebration. Jed came over on Christmas Eve and stayed through Thursday (my birthday). We ate good old home-style meals at Cracker Barrel one day, then did a lot of cooking, and a couple of sandwiches from Sonics. Sister Susan invited us to her house for a delicious Christmas Eve dinner with her, Andy and Jesse. I didn't have a chance to do much shopping except online ordering, and couldn't find anything to give Jed. So I've got two drawings/paintings lined up to finish, and if one of them turns out okay, it will be his delayed Christmas present.

I received several pretty Christmas and birthday cards, plus a couple of online cards. Here are some of them:



   I made the Christmas stockings and the quilt many years ago.


                      *


I saw on Facebook a post by
President Obama, listing some
of the books he read in 2018.
One of his favorites was
Washington Black, which was
our book club selection for December.













1 comment:

Deb said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful Christmas and birthday!
Where the Sidewalk Ends is one of my favourite books. I adore Shel Silverstein!