Thursday, November 15, 2007

Cheers from the Rich and Famous

I've had emails from several published authors who participate(d) in Nanowrimo, including Sue Grafton and Sara Gruen. Sara has published 3 books that started as November novels, including Water for Elephants, and has a fourth one to be released soon. SG and SG; hmmm, could they be the same? I don't have another clue, as I haven't read any of their books.

Today my word count is just a little over the halfway mark--or will be, at the end of the day. And my story has pfffft! hit the proverbial snag. But

We are not afraid!
We shall overcome! (Someday.)

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

I can't claim a lot of experience in busting writing snags (although I've run into a few), but there was one time that I had some success. I was facing a problem, and I got mad at my main character for being too passive. I decided that my main character would pull me out of the block, and he would do it by getting mad and DOING something! I passed along my anger to my character, and it worked. It was also fun.

The other idea: Kill somebody. (In the book, that is.) Keep going until the surviving characters are forced to do something interesting, just in hopes of surviving.

Just a thought! Whatever you do -- KEEP GOING!

Love,

Jed

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

That's exciting about those published authors starting with this project. Bet you'll be the next. Good luck. I'm inspired to think about considering maybe doing it next year. --Suze