Saturday, November 17, 2007

Veggie supper

Guess what I've just cooked? Corn bread, fresh yellow squash, and field peas with snaps to eat with what Peter Piper picked a peck of. All that's missing is a big red ripe sliced tomato. I may run to the store to get one.

Today I finally opened the box of bulbs, and they're not what I thought I had received (hyacinths and snowdrops). Instead it's the tulip mix, English bluebells, and big white daffodils. I found that I was supposed to open them immediately and let 'em cool before planting, so I hung them outside and will plant tomorrow--if it isn't raining, which it looks like it's going to.

I wrote all morning. Wow! This is turning into a habit. Halfway into the book, I write the first preliminary love scene. More than halfway; I'm up to nearly 30,000 words. Some parts are just sketched out, like a synopsis, so when I rewrite, it'll probably be much longer van 50 fousand words (the "v" and "f" for "th" is a clue to one of the characters).

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

You've got my taste buds on edge!