Monday, February 24, 2014

Great Weekend

Jed came over Saturday morning and stayed until today. He fixed so many things around the house, I don't know how to act grateful enough. Saturday we had lunch at Logan's, and Sunday dinner at Chili's, and the rest of the time we just "snacked around." Visited Home Depot to look at window blinds and garden stuff for a lot of good ideas, and watched several episodes of Firefly on TV; that was a great science fiction series, which for various reasons got canceled too soon. Made me like Nathan F. as Malcolm, even more than Castle. I loved the Preacher telling River, "You don't fix the Bible," when she had torn out a bunch of pages and was busily editing them.

Jed took a carload of books to deposit in various donation kiosks, and my office looks really decent. He also brought me a laser printer, and fixed the computer so that I can post pictures on my blog.

How thankful it is to have a talented child!

The book has been delayed a little bit, because of adjustments to the cover, which is very beautiful.

Jed asked me what I'm going to do this week, and my mind went blank. But I'll do something, I guar-on-tee.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

My Mom, the Browncoat!!

The books are all safely donated. The ironic part is that the first thing I saw when I walked into my kitchen was a book, sitting on the counter, that I wanted to donate. So after unloading a car full yesterday, it looks like I'll be making a special trip for 1 book.

Jed

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Looks great.