Thursday, February 20, 2014

Quilts

Now that the office mess is just about conquered, and I've done all I can on the book, I'm beginning to want to make quilts. Trouble is, my right hand is so arthritic, it can hardly hold a book, let alone a needle. I'll just have to go the machine-stitching route, I guess. There are several quilt tops in the cedar chest, including the beautiful basket quilt that I made from Mama's blocks. That's the only one I'd really love to get quilted. But I'll think about that tomorrow, or next year.


This has been a long week. Hard to believe that just a week ago we were "snowed in." Downton Abbey ends this-coming Sunday, and Project Runway doesn't have many more Thursdays to go. I guess for entertainment I'll have to watch old reruns of Property Brothers and Castle. I may start reading books again--but that's how the house got in such a mess. If I got hold of twenty new books as good as Patrick O'Brian's Jack Aubrey series, the house could cave in for all I'd notice.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

My hands are giving me more and more trouble too. I'm afraid my days of doing handwork are numbered.