Sunday, September 7, 2014

Coming Around the Mountain

Last night I had the most delightful thought, or vision, or daydream.

I don't think any of us knows exactly how long the formalities will take, or when we'll be turned loose to just enjoy being in heaven or Jerusalem or wherever we go first. But I was thinking of the folks gathered around waiting for Daddy to come in and take them to a fish fry or something in his brand new 1956 Pontiac. And when he comes in, he says, “Well, y'all can go to a fish fry if you want to. But I just heard that Joanne's coming, and I'm going to meet her!”

And they all start laughing and talking and piling into the car. As Daddy drives them down to the station at 20 miles per hour, Doug's probably singing in his perfected voice, “She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes!” And, “She'll be driving six white horses when she comes!” And maybe I will.

3 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Sounds like a happy dream. :) Love you - Jed

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

If you get there before I do (comin' for to carry me home), tell Daddy to wait for me.

Joanne Cage said...

Wear your pink pajamas.