Thursday, April 12, 2018

Thursday, but no Project Runway

I was feeling so much better today, I did go to book club with Pat. Our book was What Lies Beyond the Stars, which I read a couple of weeks ago. It was a good book, but very sad. Everyone attended, and there was a lot of conversation, but not very much about the book. The meeting was at Susan's house, and she spread such a festive board, it would make your mouth water--two kinds of cake, three kinds of drinks, a bunch of chips and dips, fruit and nuts and cheeses.


Speaking of books, I liked The Book of Strange New Things (February 7th blog) so much, I ordered a copy from Amazon.

Last Thursday the finale for this Project Runway season was shown. I was so pleased that the winner was young Anthony Williams. He had never made a design collection before, and all of the other contestants were much more experienced. But everything he made this season, with one exception, looked absolutely perfect. It seemed that the judges ignored him most of the time, and I was amazed when they chose him as one of the three finalists, and even more so when he won.

Susan gave me a copy of Caitlin's latest novel, which she left for me when they were at Susan's a few weeks ago. It looks interesting.

Yesterday I had an email from one of the officers of the Alabama State Poetry Society, saying there's "at least one very good reason" for me to attend the ASPS meeting this month at Gulf Shores, Alabama. That's really too far away for me. Jed said he didn't mind driving down there, but I think I'll just let them mail me anything pertinent.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! Maybe just the thought of Spring helped!

Glad you went to book club. I try to find the books you read for book club at my library. Sometimes I am in luck and they have them.

So, since you heard from the ASPS, does that mean you won something? I hope so! I will send good thoughts and keep my fingers crossed.

Hugs and love 💖