Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Remember the Alamo


Three years ago this spring, I really thought my ticket had been punched and that it was only a matter of a few days. That's because I had my heart attack (the second one, they told me). During one of the procedures, I was drug-crazy and thought my surgical team were wearing funny hats. This is what I wrote about the experience later:


'Last Friday night I went to the hospital with the chest and back pain, and it turned out I had a real heart attack.  So on Sunday, I had a procedure where they placed a stent in my damaged heart artery. Man, this was weird. A team of about six or eight stout men and women, or similar creatures, all wore various hats, and the sound effects were deafening.

'Ker-Blam! Ka-Pow! It sounded like they were flinging hundred-pound sacks of grain around the room. Maybe slaughtering cattle. Loud laughter. Muffled screams. I never felt a thing, except freedom from pain. But at last someone came in and told them to put down their weapons, and they all looked sheepish and sort of dried up. As I was wheeled from the room, I called back, "I like y'alls' hats!"

 'The team applauded!'

4 comments:

Deb said...

I am ever so glad you did not check out/get you ticket punched. We need you a bit longer, please and thank you.
I do hope if I have dreams while I am under during my hip surgery, they are as entertaining as yours!
Hugs and love đź’–

Joanne Cage said...

Thanks, Deb!

JD Atlanta said...

Me too Mom. Love you.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Lord have mercy!