Thursday, August 23, 2018

How much more?

Tuesday night I fell and bumped my back. Prayed the Jesus Prayer till daylight, then spent all day yesterday being driven by my sisters from one clinic to another, as I couldn't get in touch with my doctor to ask him what I should do. In severe pain most of the time. The final opinion was that I may or may not have a small fracture of a rib or something, and I should take Tylenol. Don't know if I should continue all those other medications on top of the Tylenol, but I'm doing so. For the time being, I'm tired of trying to ask medical opinions.

Thanks to the Tylenol I did sleep several hours this morning.

Marlowe's Mephistopheles may have been wrong, but it sure feels like Purgatory.



3 comments:

Deb said...

Oh my gosh! Did you finally get in to see your doctor?

Joanne Cage said...

Hi, Deb. No, I called his office first thing Weds. morning, but to my knowledge he never returned the call. We finally found a UAB emergency clinic in Birmingham that would x-ray my back. They said my bones were "dense," and a small fracture probably wouldn't show in the x-ray, and nothing showed up broken. So I bought some extra-strength Tylenol.

Deb said...

Holy Toledo! If that tylenol doesn't work, try the arthritis type. Each tablet is 650 mg. For me, it works better than the Rx the doc gives me for pain. It at least relaxes me enough to doze for a bit.
Please be careful!
Hugs and love 💖