Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Leaving Time, by Jodi Picoult****


"Ghoulies and ghosties and ill-tempered beasties, and things that go bump in the night." Jenna is a teen-aged girl whose mother disappeared ten years earlier, and Jenna keeps searching for her. She is aided in her search by two people she meets, Serenity who has been a real working psychic but thinks she has lost her abilities, and Virgil who worked with the police when Jenna's mother disappeared. Jenna's mother, Alice, was a professional scientist and writer, working with African and Asian elephants, and some of the pachyderms are real characters in the story.

This is our book for the August book club meeting. I think this it's a very good choice. I've read two other books by Picoult, Nineteen Minutes and My Sister's Keeper. I think it's impossible to say which is the best of the three.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I’ve also read those other two books you mentioned. My Sister’s Keeper left me weeping. I also read the one about the neonatal nurse who was accused of killing a baby or letting it die or something. I forget the title.