Sunday, April 5, 2009

Nice day for these days

This has been a nice slow day, with intermittent light rain showers, plumb delightful. Today I read two books by B. Cartland; I bought them off the library discard shelf, thinking maybe they would sell, since Miss Barbara is aufsgepast. This morning I happened to open one of them and read the first page at a glance, almost, and was hooked. The old girl's stories are still good. She didn't mess them up with sex and sensationalism until the end, when He and She were married and it was OK.

Even though the two books were in large print, my eyes are only slowly getting back to normal. When I have eyestrain, it's like darting shadows between me and whatever I'm looking at; but it goes away fairly soon.

Jed phoned last night and said he would be here Wednesday or Thursday, and will stay for Easter. I have missed him--it's been a long time since he was here last.

It's 5:30, and I've still got to run to the store.

No comments: