Thursday, October 6, 2011

Acting Funny

It's the computer, not me, that's acting funny. I seem to be shifting or grinding my gears out of neutral. I've got things to do and places to go today, and I don't mind so much. The Birmingham Arts Review people are meeting at the Leeds Arts Council tonight, and at some point I volunteered to bring some snacks. So I have to go to the store, and then make chips and dip, and then go down there. And now I only have about four hours to get myself and the makings ready to go.

Somebody said, "You don't have to like it. You just have to do it." A beer would help get me started. I haven't had a beer in years and years, but I think about it often.

This morning I wrote one page of a story. And people, that's progress. Four paragraphs.

2 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

Congratulations on the four paragraphs! Bravo! Hope you enjoy the evening; should be fun with Joan and Frank.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Funny thing: I was just thinking of a beer. And I haven't had one for years either.