Tuesday, November 8, 2011

things are bad all over

When a new crisis arises, I have to give myself a day or two of craziness before my usual sense returns. This crisis is a dental one, so the rest of this year will probably be dominated by running back and forth to the dentist, needles, screaming and running mad. On top of the doors, the basement, and the wee little piddling retirement income.

It's enough to make you cry, or laugh. Or start feeling your age. I was ten years older than Joe Frazier, who died Monday. And I'm still running around in my raggedy jeans and tee shirts like a 60-year-old, moaning about my little crises. A hundred years from now, who'll know the difference?

4 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your poor teeth, Mom! I hope this crisis passes quickly. And let me know about the doors.

I watched part of Rocky last night. There's a cameo by Joe Frazier right before the fight scene. It's a shame.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I've been feeling like crying this morning too--but it's over everyone else's crises, not mine. I'm about ready to say, I just can't do this anymore.
And Joe Frazier was the same age as me.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oh yeah. I'm having THanksgiving here for the fam. I'll send out an email to everyone when I get over dealing with everyone's stuff.

Joanne Cage said...

"Smokin' Joe" was almost as handsome as M. Ali.