Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Good eats, and Dealing with the pollen and cat hair

Yesterday evening Sister Susan treated Pat, India and me to supper at her house. She served a wonderful chicken salad that she made from scratch, and lots of other good things.

This morning, after a practically sleepless (coughing/sneezing/ gasping/wheezing) night, I went to the CVS and conferred with the pharmacist for some allergy tablets, and they really work! So far. He told me three times to take only one a day. I wondered what would happen if I took two, but was too scared to ask.

When I got home, I turned on the TV and watched a film of Niecy Nash's 2011 wedding to Jay Tucker. That Niecy has got to be one of the sweetest people in this world. I know, she makes a lot of noise and threats and protests, but she is deep down sweet to the bone. She had her wedding dress all picked out, and then let her mama talk her into changing to the one her mama wanted, that didn't fit so well. In the same mood of being afraid her mama's feelings would be hurt, she let Mama sing at the reception. Margaret is at about at the same talent level as me, as a singer. It was a beautiful wedding, in spite of the wedding planner's running 12,000 bucks over budget before buying chairs and flowers. And in spite of a wind storm that tore up the (outdoor) reception area before the guests were seated, and a crew had to halfway put things back together. And in spite of Niecy's teen-aged daughter being sort of balky and cross.

Gosh, it feels good to breathe all the way down, for the first time in several days.

3 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

It's always amazing to me when anything over-the-counter does something useful. I've never noticed any effect of pain killers, for example. But I'm glad this one is helping you!

And I enjoy your doll house stories, and particularly the pictures! You should do an illustrated book.

Deb said...

Aren't allergies depressing? So far, no one has started sneezing or coughing here, but they will soon. The pollen count has been high since Monday.
Glad you had a good time with your family.
I agree with JD; I think you should do a book about your doll house family.
Have a wonderful, sneeze-free day!
Hugs...

Ramey Channell said...

I like Clarinex for allergies, but it costs a fortune. It's way better than over-the-counter Claritin.

And, I agree about you should compile all your dollhouse stories into an illustrated book. Lovely.