Thursday, March 15, 2012

Never Again

will I wait till the last day to get contest entries in the mail. I have struggled all day to get my NFSPS poems ready, and have managed to misprint an ink cartridge and half a package of paper, and probably broke my printer before I finished. Had to hand-print my entry card, and they may not accept it.

So now I have to make it to the P.O. before five o'clock, and can't leave the house without a shower. I'm about tired of hurrying, which messes everything up anyway.
*
5:20 p.m. Well, I made it.

Said my grocery clerk, "Seegrits is got so haaa!" In a place that has had public schools for at least a hundred years, there is totally no excuse. Except that some of the schoolteachers talk the same way. Sometimes I wish I lived in Canada, but seegrits is probably haaa there, too.

7 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

Glad you got your NFPS entries sent. I'm still trying to do ASPS entries.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oh! This time I understood. You must have been at the stinky store.

Joanne Cage said...

Yeah, what can one expect at the stinky store? But sometimes folks forget to ask me to go along, when they shop the perfumed emporia.

knitwit said...

If I've interpreted correctly, "seegrits are Haaa"in Canada as well. It took me a couple of readings to figure it out.
Ruth

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I like the stinky store. I just called it that 'cause that's what Vann always called it.

Joanne Cage said...

Matter of fact, I'm rather proud I've stuck to the only food store left in downtown Leeds. And so have many other people, so that recently they've been able to fix the store up and make it more attractive, instead of going out of business or moving to Moody.

Joanne Cage said...

Of course, they probably will move to Moody as soon as they can afford to.