Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Sad Little Song

Red Wing

There once was an Indian maid,
A shy little prairie maid,
Who sang a lay, a love song gay,
As on the plain she'd while away the day;

She loved a warrior bold,
This shy little maid of old,
But brave and gay, he rode one day
To battle far away.

Now, the moon shines tonight on pretty Red Wing
The breeze is sighing, the night bird's crying,
For afar 'neath his star her brave is sleeping,
While Red Wing's weeping her heart away.
*
I don't know why this song makes the hair rise on the back of my neck. There's a link to it in my left column/Music Links.

2 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

I bet you're the only person in the world who knows the words to that song! I know the tune, but would have never remembered the words.

Joanne Cage said...

I had to Google it to get all the words.