Sunday, August 18, 2013

Aesthetically Embarrassing Story

Once when I was very young, I fell in love at my doctor. Oh, he was ruggedly handsome, sort of like one of those dark western actors. He was married, of course, so I stifled the emotion all possible. Then one day, in church, I saw him with his wife and little daughter. The wife was rather good-looking, but the child looked exactly like her father. That was the only really plug-ugly child I had ever seen, before or since, and immediately my warmth toward the doctor froze over and dried up.

In addition to all his other qualities, Mr. Cage made beautiful children.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Yes indeedy. The combination of genes surely made for some beautiful and smart young'ns. In fact, all us Ramey girls are lucky in that regard.