Friday, August 9, 2013

Old Notes

My dad was the only person who liked to hear me play the piano. He didn't care much for the Moonlight Sonata, Clair de Lune or the Chopin preludes, but he liked the hymns I would play by ear. Many times I have searched the phone directory and the internet, hoping I could rent a piano, but nothing ever comes of it.

I think it's time I forgave my mother for giving away or lending our piano to someone whose house subsequently burned down. Mama probably had reasons that I can't imagine, or don't want to.

The man is coming Monday morning to install the new kitchen appliances. I would give them all for a plain old piano, even one with a couple of dead keys.
*
On the other hand, it would probably be just another way to waste time.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I was just talking to my dental hygienist about our mamas the other day. Hers is a hoarder. I told her that my mama was the opposite of a hoarder, whatever you would call that. You turned your back for a few minutes, and she gave your stuff away.

Ramey Channell said...

PS - I liked hearing you play the piano!
Where did my other comment go?