Friday, August 16, 2013

Week In Review

Jed came over Sunday, and we spent the next three days "supervising" the work in the kitchen: new faucets, cooktop and ovens. The dishwasher still sits in its crate, to be installed today, as some repairs had to be made to the floor and wiring under the old washer. Jed went back to Atlanta Wednesday afternoon, but I think he'll be back again this weekend. The new appliances are shiny white and beautiful, accentuating the shabby appearance of everything else in the kitchen. But all that will change eventually.

I slept four or five hours last night, then lay awake for an hour. Finally rose up, made coffee, and finished reading the last hundred pages of Master and Commander. If I could write like Patrick O'Brian, I'd feel as rich as old Jay Gould.

Also, last night Ramey sent her latest work on the sequel to Sweet Music On Moonlight Ridge by email, another good read.

3 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

Your new appliances are stunningly beautiful! I congratulate you!

Ramey Channell said...

Thanks for the mention of my work-in-progress! Slowly but surely!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Can't wait to see your new 'pliances.