Thursday, April 3, 2014

Early Start

I woke up at 4:00, lay there another hour but couldn't go back to sleep. I've already straightened and dusted one room. If I don't do some cleaning before the day gets going full blast, it won't get done.

I planted these seeds in potting soil, and some of them came up, all except the forget-me-nots which are what I wanted most. Anyway, when all danger of freezing is over, I'm going to try planting them--somewhere--where the rain won't wash them away. Practically all the soil has washed off the area under the trees at back, and collected down in the "bottoms" at the east side of the yard. But you can't plant there because that's where all the rain drains off.

Maybe everybody with a house is over-conscious of everything that's wrong about it. In my house, one of the wrong things is the shower curtain rods. They're spring rods, and of course they won't stay up. I can't figure why whoever built the house didn't install shower rods. Seems like every time I move in one of the bathrooms, the shower curtains fall and the rod most usually hits me on the head. Then I have to drag in the step-ladder and wrestle them back into place. Also can't figure why, in all the years I've lived here, I haven't had permanent shower rods installed in those round metal thingies.

Yesterday the literary club invited me to "be" the program for their April 15th meeting, to read and sell my book. If I didn't have anything else to worry about, I could worry that I'm going to run out of books before Leeds has all it wants.

No comments: