Tuesday, April 8, 2014

No news,

just a pleasant sunny day. This morning I watched a hawk sitting on a limb grooming its feathers. With the binoculars I watched it out the kitchen window.

Yesterday the whole park was flooded by the little Cahaba-type stream running through it, as well as a good deal more of the landscape. My basement floor was wet and the yard had lots of puddles, but nothing too bad.

Last Wednesday I had a major event--the plumbers and drain cleaners had to be called and were here into the late evening cleaning things up. Of course, that plunged my psyche into the depths, and I still haven't got my head rearranged from it.

Jed came over Thursday and helped me prepare for the book signing, which I couldn't have done without him, and stayed until Sunday afternoon. Time marches so fast, I recognize the need to fill every moment with something meaningful. However, that's easier said than done. But I will try harder.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now that's a mess I wouldn't want to be a part of! It's good to see that you had someone to call late in the evening. Sometimes, people refuse to go in that time of the day, so you must have been relieved to see it fixed before you went to bed. Any person could have not slept soundly while their home is flooded.
Levi Eslinger @ CapitalPlumbing.ca