Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Endeavor To Persevere

Well, my favorite month draws to a close. I think I'll change my favorite month to May. Or October. Or February. This December for me was notable for a couple of fights with UAB Hospital. I'm a very bad patient. But now I'm okay, God willing.

Because of this hiatus in my holidays, we (family) decided to celebrate my 80th birthday on January 3 instead of Dec. 27. I was in favor of January 8th, but I can celebrate E.P.'s birthday by myself.

I've got a lot of cards and other communications to answer/acknowledge this week. Also bills to pay.

This morning on Netflix I watched the first episode in a history of the English kings, to the point where Alfred has established England as a nation.

During December I read Commander by Stephen Taylor, about Edward Pellew, Lord Exmouth, who was probably the model on which Patrick O'Brien built Jack Aubrey. Good book.

I quit smoking for three weeks, proving to myself that I can, and illustrating what a miserable process it is. Today I've fallen off the wagon, but hope to hop back upon it tomorrow. Endeavor to persevere.

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

Keep quitting. Your next cigarette doesn't mean you can go back to a lifetime of smoking. It just means that the struggle will last a little longer. Don't wait for your next trip to the hospital! Quit quit quit quit!!!