Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A New Experience


Well, it's been many a year, I think, since I had stage fright,
but today made up for the hiatus.
I read a selection
of my "relative" poems to the Castalia club meeting, and for some reason I was so nervous I could hardly hold the papers. Maybe it was because I was reading to so many people that know me. A room full of strangers is much less intimidating than a dozen friends or acquaintances. But I stuttered and spluttered my way through, and sold a bunch of books.

1 comment:

Deb said...

It is easier when you are in front of strangers! If you boo-boo or say something out of turn or, goodness knows, laugh out loud when you REALLY shouldn't, chances are you will never see those strangers again. Then, of course, if you are me (or is that I?), you will end up seeing them constantly when you go out and then will be forced to hid behind sales racks or duck down an aisle in the store just to avoid them. Yes, true story! It is my life :)