Wednesday, October 14, 2015

More Rocks

We couldn't get on the bridge. And one thing our cameras didn't really show off: As well as "undergrowth," there were big trees growing on the bridge, and a couple had fallen off the edge and hung by their roots upside down. This one shows a smaller tree hanging down.



This is a gigantic formation--about 180 degrees of rock over your head, under your feet, almost all around you. The whole mountain seems to be one big rock, with broken or eroded pieces of it lying around. Here's a view of the Indian profile:

 
and I don't know why it won't sit upright.


Some of the big rocks, including parts of the cliff face, were full of thousands of little holes, which probably account for breakage and erosion over time.

1 comment:

Deb said...

It is really gorgeous there. I love the pictures you both took. I miss going to the parks/national monuments. I went so much as a young child and then some in Europe, but with 4 girls, by myself, it got overwhelming at times! My favourite place is what was The Aspencade, but they have re-named it The Enchanted Circle. http://www.newmexico.org/fall-color/ It is something that my dad, mom and I did every Autumn. Mom didn't care for it, but my dad and I always looked forward to it. It is one of those times in your life that make you feel like you really do belong on this big blue marble called Earth. I could happily live there.
Hugs