Monday, December 14, 2015

Same Song, -nth Verse

The doorbell rang and woke me about midnight, so I got up and checked the doors and windows. After an hour or so, I went back to sleep. It could have been the rain and wind that woke me just after 3:00 a.m. I notice one house across the street has four lights across the front, not Christmas lights. So maybe I'm not the only one being bothered.

Tomorrow--today--I'm going to take one of my burnt-out bulbs down, and go to Lowe's or somewhere and buy a bunch of them. I'll call Dave and make him come and install the new bulbs. I don't know if more lights will fix the problem, but maybe it will help. We should light up the whole neighborhood. My neighbor next door, in Jared's old house, has Christmas lights strung all around the roofs of his house and garage.

I've got 13 short-stories in my head and started in notebooks, so I plan to finish writing some of them this winter. That's how I fall asleep recently, working out one of these stories.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

You should call the police! Even if you are not 100% sure that you heard the doorbell, call the police. That will give them a reason to get to the bottom of this, and arrest someone. Also, if someone rang your doorbell, then they may be down the street when the police car comes through the neighborhood, and the police may catch them there.

Deb said...

This is getting serious, Joanne. Call the police. They know that something is going on, as they have already seen what happened to your house. Please call them. Install those lights today. Please don't take any chances, call the police if it happens again.