Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Ear Worm for the Day

Courtesy of ol' Hank Williams: "Take These Chains from my Heart and Set Me Free."

Lunch: Marie Callender lasagna, salad, Coke.
What I did this morning: Worked on UAB application.

*

I watched the first episode of "War and Peace" on TV last night. I read the book, and submitted a detailed, illustrated book report on it, as a senior in high school. Also saw the first film back in the 1950's with a nice Jewish boy. I was in no mood to watch it again, thought it would be boring. But I got hooked. Pretty actors, even Bezukhov. Rose (Lily James) is Natasha, not as blonde or pretty as she is in Downton Abbey.

*

I did manage to buy groceries yesterday, and get them up the stairs. Sort of got my gears going.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Joyce Ann and I (and I think maybe Pat) went to see W&P at the Roxy (the version with Henry Fonda) and went to sleep at some point. Danny Patterson (the usher) woke us up and told us it was time to go home. We were the only ones in the theatre. I never tried watching it again. I am proud to say that I read the book long, long ago. Sadly, I remember nothing about the book or the movie, except Henry Fonda.

Joanne Cage said...

I think it's easier to watch as a mini-series. I think the old movie was about six hours long, or seemed that long. The guy I was with insisted on leaving about two hours into it, so I didn't really see all of it.