Sunday, June 26, 2016

Fish Tales

Occasionally, my friend Miriam and I used to say one to the other one, "Wanna go eat grease?" And we would go to one of my favorite fast-seafood places for lunch. I wish I had some of that good old greasy stuff now. But in recent years, I don't eat much seafood, owing to the oil spills, nuclear meltdown scares, and plastic/garbage pollution. Just when Jed and I go to a nice restaurant, I may order the fish fry or a grilled tilapia, but mostly I don't. I really miss Miriam, and her girls, and Billy Sam.


Speaking of fish, the short story I'm mainly working on is about an adventure at "the" beach. I've got three or four pages done, and re-done over and over, and I like it pretty well. I'm also working on some of my unpublished poems to send to the American Journal of Poetry. They publish a lot of poems by famous poets and by amateurs. I guess I can't call myself an amateur, since I've earned a pittance of money from writing. And I can't call myself a "famous poet." So what am I, chopped liver?

No comments: