Monday, June 20, 2016

"Pie, me oh my! I love pie!" *



I've been eating pie, 3 Musketeers bars, cheese and crackers, and a dollop of Daisy on anything suitable. So I weigh 120, and in photos I look fat and matronly. I guess I need to lose 10 pounds. It doesn't matter to anyone but me, and I won't deprive myself entirely of what I crave, but only once a week will I eat any sweets other than fresh fruit.


I've made a little bit of progress on the short stories--three of them at once. One is a ghost story, one a romance, and the third a fairy-tale fantasy called "B.Y.O.B.," as in bring your own bottle.


I find that I can't sew the prairie points directly to the edges of the leaf quilt. When I asked if it could sew through 7 layers of fabric and a layer of batting, my machine laughed until it had tears in its eyes, but said nothing at all.


*Dorothy's song, in the "Michael" movie

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

How goes the short stories?

I wish I had a pie.

:)

Jed

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oh, to weigh 120 pounds.