Tuesday, November 1, 2016

November at Last


Yesterday for dinner I had turnip greens, green beans, ripe tomatoes, and the best cornbread I've ever had. The bread was from a Mexican mix, with jalapenos and I don't know what-all. And then came bunches and bunches of trick-or-treat visitors--they got about fifteen dollars worth of candy. I had to raid my kitchen candy bin to eke out the treats. I always give individually-wrapped stuff, Hershey minis, etc. Wish I had thought to photograph some of the little gremlins, cutest things ever!

I guess November is my second-favorite month of the year. Just hope the weather cools down some and rains some. This week and next, I'll have people around fixing the roof and the outside gas gadgets, cleaning up the leaf-covered yard, and other things. Have already had the furnace inspected and the gas turned off from the wrecked grill and burnt-out yard lamp.

I read on the news that one of my favorite actors, Val Kilmer, is battling cancer. He's having fun with his art work, though. He starred in some of my favorite movies: The Ghost and the Darkness, Thunderheart, The Saint, and one with Kim Basinger that I don't remember the title. Also the best movie I've seen about Billy the Kid. Great actor.



4 comments:

Deb said...

Our apartment complex doesn't allow the kids to trick or treat. I miss seeing all of the kids. At least some of the grandkids still dress up. The next to the youngest grandson was a turtle! He's crawling, so it was a fitting costume!
I loved Val Kilmer in The Saint. It so sad that he's so sick.I hope they can help him.

Joanne Cage said...

He (or someone) posted on Facebook that he doesn't have cancer, just a sore throat. I hope that's true.

JD Atlanta said...

It looks like Val Kilmer does NOT have cancer, so good news there!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oh no! I hate to hear about Val's illness. I had not heard this. Oh wait, I just saw Jed's post. I'm going to look him up and see s'up.