Sunday, October 30, 2016

Two Meetings


Ramey, Jed and I went to Calera yesterday to the ASPS meeting. This photo is by Jerri H. It seemed to me that I smiled and grinned until my jaws were sore, but she managed to catch me looking--the way my mug looks in this picture--natural, I guess.

The "crowd" at the meeting was very small. When we arrived, a message came about the caterer; on the way to Calera he had been stopped by police, and all the food was unloaded and investigated. But eventually he arrived, and we had lunch. Then the prizes/awards were given out, and Ramey and I each won a couple of second and third prizes.

On Thursday, I went to the Leeds Arts Council where our poetry group entertained Jim and Liz Reed's Birmingham Arts Journal staff. This time there was a huge crowd, and I enjoyed meeting old acquaintances and new.

Something a bit funny happened when I got to the Arts Council--Joan D. hugged me, and one of her earrings got tangled in my hair. We spent about five minutes getting untangled, with everyone laughing at us.

Jed went back to Atlanta today, and I'm resting up for whatever this week has in store.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I am so happy for you and Ramey! I hope you had a nice time at both outings. Which poems did you win a prize for? One of these days I'll be brave enough and enter some of mine in a contest.
Hugs and kisses

Joanne Cage said...

I won $35 for a haiku--17 syllables! Also won $10 prizes for "Marsupial Strabismus" and "The Ghost of Little Bear."