Monday, October 24, 2016

What a Week Ahead of Me!

I just received an ASPS email that said I have at least one good reason to attend the Fall meeting this-coming weekend. That usually means at least one of my poems won, at least an honorable mention. I've registered for Jed and me to attend the ASPS awards luncheon on Saturday, Oct. 29.

On Friday evening, the 28th, the Leeds poetry group is entertaining Jim Reed's publishing staff at the Arts Council, and I've volunteered to help with refreshments. So that means I can get home from the Arts Council and just stay up all night and go to the ASPS meeting without having to change clothes. Just joking, but it's possible.

Jed is coming over for the awards luncheon, but I don't know which day he plans to come. Probably Friday, and he can give me moral support for the weekend.

An added incentive: Last week I ordered a new dress from Coldwater Creek. I hope it arrives soon, and the post-person doesn't try to stuff it into my mailbox or leave it on my front porch.

*
I was mistaken about the Birmingham Arts Journal meeting at the Arts Council. It's Thursday, Oct. 27, instead of Friday. So that makes it better for me timewise.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Congrats on whatever you probably won. Y'all have fun.

JD Atlanta said...

I will be there Friday!

Jed

Deb said...

I am so happy for you!! Make sure to let me know all about it.
Hugs and kisses! Tell Jed hi.