Monday, October 3, 2016

Good Intentions--Foiled Again










I meant to go to the library today to hunt these two books. I've had a hankering to read Bleak House again, and Ninth Ward is our book for Book Club which meets this Thursday.


But the Heating and Air man came to inspect the furnace, and this afternoon I had--or have--three painful problems, so I didn't venture out.


So I may order a copy of Bleak House from Amazon, and will ask Pat to lend me her copy of N.W. to read.


I found a site online, and printed out four pages that list all the characters in Bleak House, and tell who each one is in the story. About the only things I remember from reading the book are Mr. Jarndyce calling his study The Growlery, and a case of spontaneous combustion of a human male.




1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I have Bleak House on the Kindle but haven't read it yet. I think it's the only Dickens I haven't read. Ninth Ward is a good book.