Friday, June 1, 2007

Flowers and songs

Oh, the summertime's acomin',

And the trees are all abloomin',

And the wild mountain thyme

Grows around the bloomin' heather!


In reality, the flowers are not all abloomin', because the bloomin' rain won't fall, and the flowers that were abloomin' (roses) lie withered and blown. The hydrangeas did look pretty, blooming under the tall shrubs at the west side of the house. Yesterday they were looking a bit droopy and thirsty. I thought about hanging them up to dry. Then I thought about putting them in the purple vase. Although Emerson said love the flower but leave it where it grows, I cut the hydrangeas and put them into deep water in the purple vase. Lovely.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Hi! I'm surprised The Dead Zone made your Top 5. It's a great book, but I didn't know you liked it that much!

Your blog looks great -- keep going!

Jed

Joanne Cage said...

These favorites are subject to momentary and whimsical change.