Sunday, June 3, 2007

In Love Again?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another animal, when I swore "No more!" Browsing the FOCD site, I came upon this white schnoodle, and fell in love again. I sent an email this morning asking about adopting him, and his nice mom, Nancy McGowan, called me a few minutes ago. They live in Hoover! I was afraid it would be Cullman, or Chattanooga, or Calera, one of those C places that are farther away than I like to drive these days. She's going to bring the pup to meet me Thursday. We're meeting at the 280 Cracker Barrel at 2 pm, and what I'm going to bring is his adoption fee, a contribution to the FOCD, just in case we decide to close the deal toute de suite. (I feel I can afford this, as I sold the 9-volume set of the works of Abraham Lincoln last Monday.) Nancy calls him Max, but he's still something of a pup, less than a year old, so that may be negotiable later on, to suit me and him.

I didn't go back to the yard sale today, but Pat went. I told her about the little carved jade rocking-horse (or rocking-dog), and asked her to buy it for me, and she did. I really need to repair, repaint and redecorate the doll's house. The horse/dog, along with the crystal cradle, will make the nursery special.

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

Wow! Hope the adoption goes well -- it's always good to have a dog around. Let me know what happens!

Jed