Wednesday, January 16, 2008

If we had some eggs, we could have some ham and eggs, if we had some ham.

Why is everything so slow today? I've been sitting here since 9:00 trying to list a few books, and it takes forever to get the internet to do anything, and then half the time I've asked for the wrong thing. On days like this, I should just go back to bed, but I did that yesterday. Now I've got to pack one book and go to the post office. I'll drive slow. Slowly? No, slow. Well, slowly, too.


9:08 p.m. I made the jumbo skillet full of cubed steak and gravy, just because Monday in an unwary moment I bought about 3 pounds of the beef. Well, it was pretty good--of course, I didn't eat it all. After all, it isn't apple pie. Anyway, I've got food now for a few days, so let it snow! Did you hear that, weather man? Snow!

When I went to the P.O., after driving about a block, I saw ice accumulating at the end of the wiper blades, and after that, sleet and/or frozen rain peppered me all the way there and back. I love it. I especially love it when I'm inside this nice warm house.

I fixed the cats a facility in the basement so they don't have to go out in the weather. Mo understands, but I'm not sure about the Wilder; he came in shaking rain and ice off his fur.

I watched Brubaker this afternoon on TV. Disturbing. Apparently it was based on a true story. I had never watched it before. Morgan Freeman was so young. And there was a guy in it that I thought was Patrick Swayze in his youth, but it was another fellow with a similar face.

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

For some reason, this entry didn't come up on my computer until today. I think that blogspot just does that sometimes -- I've noticed it on Buffy's blog too.

I hope you're staying warm! We are supposed to get some winter weather tonight. But I have two cups of milk and 1/3rd loaf of bread, so I can outlast any Atlanta winter storm!

Jed