Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wilder

He's three feet long from the tip of his tail to the end of his nose. I think he must be one of those wild cats come down off the mountain, masquerading as a domestic short-hair. He comes to the top of the stairs and tries to meow like a regular cat, but sounds like a woman in the throes of labor pains. Maybe his daddy was some old feral tomcat, and his mammy a thing of the wild. Whatever, he's not your ordinary stray. Try to pick him up or pet him, it's like you had a big old snake in your hands, before he slithers away.

And a Funny Dream - This was several days (or nights) ago. I dreamed that someone had twin babies, a boy and a girl. Another woman kept the boy, and they gave the girl to me to raise. Sometime around the second week, I was so proud of myself: the girl baby was clean and fat, done up in one of those improved Pampers they make nowadays, sucking on a clean sterilized bottle of formula. I flattered myself that I had almost taught her to talk, because when I talked to her she smiled and grunted, etc. I told her, "Your brother's mom is going to be jealous when she sees what a good job I'm doing!" I was about to change her diaper, when the little boy twin came to the door, grinning and bowing. I thought, "What the--!" He was dressed in tiny jeans and a tee shirt, and asked in perfect English if my little girl could come out to play.

No comments: