Sunday, October 26, 2008

Also Yesterday

My baby sister and I, out of boredom and nervousness, went to the thrift store. Sister found some beautiful items, including a nice green sweater for me. I went more or less wild over the blue-checked plates, the Vietnamese vase and the wacky book in the picture. I found three more books that I wanted to read, although they don't play very big on Amazon Marketplace.

Jed phoned last night; he's in Tampa, Florida, voluntarily working for a political campaign.

Those blue plates recall the feeling of my young days, before I was married. If I had found them in the stores, I would have chosen them for my "everyday" china. They're ironstone, made in Japan, so they were probably in production that long ago. Japan has no doubt found more profitable things to produce these days, although they made some of the most beautiful dinnerware in the world. All that exquisite Noritake china.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oh pooh! Now I wish I had gone. I might have beat you to those beautiful blue checked plates.