Friday, February 20, 2009

Whaddaday!

This morning I woke up thinking, You might as well call Murray's to come and get the car. That nice man who answers the phone at Murray's garage sounds like a Blackwood or Stamps Quartet bass, on the phone, but his voice is pretty normal in person. He sent a man to jump-start the car, and I drove it around and around Leeds for a while, then to the shop for them to check the battery and change the oil. They said the battery is good, just needed the connections cleaned and wires replaced or something. When all was said and done, I paid them more money than I had, by way of the Visa card.


Thank goodness spring is near. My utility bills this month will take all of my state retirement check, mainly thanks to Alabama Gas. And I've been cold at least half of the time this winter. When I'm cold, y'all know it's cold.
But spring will come, and the ice will break. I'm already broke as a haint.

No comments: