Friday, October 26, 2012

Make haste swiftly!

I've really got to get cracking, to get ready for our dinner tonight. Last night I remembered a girl who was called "Magalene" (the country folks' way of saying Magdalene). So after I cooked the pie and washed some clothes this morning, I sat at the computer, pulled up the Big Baby manuscript, and changed the mean aunt's name from Maylene to Magalene. Then of course I started reading the manuscript from some point, correcting typos which I was amazed to find, and just now came to myself and remembered that I've got a lot of cleaning and cooking to do, and I'm still in my pajamas. So the kitchen and bathroom are probably all that'll get cleaned.

The Birmingham Arts Journal meeting last night was a moderate success. More people came than attended the same event last year. My onion dip was a big hit, at least with Frank, and I got to read two poems to the group.
*
Jed just phoned. He's coming over and bringing a new set of Dixit cards, so we can play after dinner. Or tomorrow, whichever comes first.

No comments: