Monday, October 29, 2012

Remembering Bob Ross

Those were the days, TV-wise.

*

Good Resolutions

Tradition says they're the paving-stones to You-Know-Where, but I still make them, usually while I'm falling asleep at night. When I'm lying there, waiting to go to sleep, doing hard things seems so easy. It's all a matter of organization and scheduling.

For instance, seasonal house-cleaning. There are only about 10-12 rooms or areas to conquer, so it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks, doing one area per day. Right. I'll start that in the morning, and by Christmas, the house will shine.

Say again?

When morning comes, it's the same old same-old: Mo clawing at the covers and howling to tell me the alarm clock is about to go off--it buzzes before it starts ringing. Then dragging around for a couple of hours, trying to wake up. Finding that I'm out of coffee, or cat food, or cigarettes. By afternoon I'm sometimes (reluctantly) ready to face the world, or the house--but not often.

1 comment:

Ramey Channell said...

So funny; last night I was doing the same thing: lying in bed counting my rooms and figuring out how many days it would take to clean the house. Today, of course, I'm at work and not cleaning any rooms.